Java programming language was developed by James Gosling Earlierly and released in 1995 as core component of Sun Microsystems Product called as Java 1.0 [J2SE].
The new J2 versions were renamed as the following respectively.
* Java Platform, Standard Edition(Java SE): API provides the core functionality of the Java programming language.It contributes the primary types and objects of the Java programming language to high-level classes that are used for networking, security, database access, graphical user interface development, XML parsing, virtual machine, development tools and deployment technologies.
* Java Platform, Enterprise Edition : The JavaEE platform contributes an API and run time environment for developing and executing large-scale, multi-tiered, flexibal, reliable, and secure network applications.
* Java Platform Micro Edition (Java ME): The Java mobile enterprise platform contributes an API and a small-footprint virtual machine for running Java apps on mobile phones. The API is a subset of the Java SE API, along with special class libraries and deployment Tools.
* JavaFX: JavaFX is a platform for creating rich internet apps using a lightweight user- interface API. These applications use accelerated graphics and media engines for providing high performance.
The latest release of the Java Standard Edition is Java SE 8.
Java Features:Java follows Object Oriented programming System Rules(OOPS).Those rules are
Object Oriented: In Java, everything is an Object. Java can be easily prolonged for it is based on the Object model.
Platform independent: It is the process of writing an application in one platform and we can run it anywhere.
Simple: It is designed to be easy to learn. If We are strong in the basic concepts of OOPS Java would be easy.
Secure: With Java's secure feature it enables to develop without virus, tamper proof systems. Authentication techniques are based on public-key encryption.By this we can develop secure applications.
Architecture : The compiler derives a neutral object file format which makes the compiled code which is executable on more processors, with the presence of Java run time system.
Portable: Java is a portable language. Compiler has written with a clean portability boundary which is a PO-SIX subset.
Robust: Java is robust by indicating mainly on compile time error verifying and run time verifying.
Multi threading: Due to multi threading attribute it is possible to write programs which can do many tasks simultaneously..
Interpreted: Java byte code is adapted to native machine indications and are not stored anywhere.
High Performance: With the use of Just-In- Time compilers, Java Produces high performance.
Distributed: Java is specially developed for the distributed environment of the network or internet.
Dynamic: Java is treated as more dynamic .Java carried an extensive amount of run-time information that can be used to verify the objects and resolves their access on run-time.
We need a Pentium 200-MHz computer with a minimum of 64 MB of RAM (128 MB of RAM
recommended) to develop Java Apps.We also need the following
* Linux 7 or Windows XP/7/8 operating system.
* Java Java Development Kit 8
* Notepad or Edit plus or Net Beans.